Blimpie had our hopes up when they were testing a Gardein Plant-Based Meatball Parmigiana Sub that started in January 2022. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.
What that means is Blimpie is back to being another sub place that only has veggies for your sub or salad. But sometimes, it is our only option so you have to go with it.
Blimpie does not offer a vegan cheese yet, so make sure to order your sub with NO cheese. Then choose from one of the vegan-friendly breads listed below, veggies and a bag of chips.
Blimpie Vegan Options
Make a Sandwich or Salad
- Veggie. Order with NO cheese
Breads and Tortilla Wraps
- Ciabatta (cost extra)
- Pretzel Bread (cost extra)
- Italian White
- Whole Grain Wheat
- Spinach Wrap
- Traditional Flour Wrap
- Salsa Wrap (select locations)
- Sweet Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Roasted Red Peppers
Dressings and Sauces
Options may vary
- Blimpie Special Sauce
- Light Italian
- Frank’s Red Hot
- Oil Blend
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Yellow Mustard
Or, ask them to Make it “The Blimpie Way”
This automatically adds tomato, lettuce, onion, oil & red wine vinegar plus oregano.
- Chips. They have an assorted variety but Plain Lay’s and Baked Lay’s will be the most common vegan options. Check the ingredients on other bags.
* As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Note: VeggL is a US-based website. All info contained on our site (and app) is regarding US based locations.
Blimpie Vegan FAQ
Does Blimpie Offer Gardein Meatballs?
They did! In January 2022, Blimpie offered a Plant Based Meatball Parmigiana for a limited time. To make it vegan, you could order it with no provolone and no parmesan.
It came with Gardein plant-based meatballs smothered in a zesty marinara sauce.
Does Blimpie Carry Vegan Cheese?
With the recent excitement around the addition of a Plant Based Meatball Parmigiana, we’ve received quite a few questions about whether Blimpie now has a vegan cheese as well.
Unfortunately, Blimpie does not currently carry a vegan cheese.
Jen’s Pick: We have both only been to a Blimpie one time and it was for the debut of the Plant-Based Meatball Sub with NO cheese. I ordered it on the ciabatta bread with spinach, onion and banana peppers.
The meatballs with the sauce were a nice combo but I think the extra toppings added a little something extra. I would absolutely order this again if we happened to stop by.
Ryan’s Pick: I ordered the Plant-Based Meatball Sub with NO cheese on Italian White Bread with Lays BBQ Chips. I thought the sub was really good. Next time I order, I will probably add peppers and onions.
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 400 vegan guides for restaurants, airports, sports venues and theme parks. Get unlimited access to all our guides with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
More Info and Links
- If you’d like to see the complete menu from Blimpie, then make sure to head over to their Official Menu Page
- Information for this guide was given to us by a Customer Service Rep at Blimpie
- Don’t have a Blimpie near you? That’s okay! VeggL has hundreds of Vegan Guides, including other popular chain restaurants like Jason’s Deli and Jimmy John’s
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!