There aren’t very many vegan options to choose from at Arby’s, but I have to admit, I love those curly fries*.
It might not come as a surprise that a fast food spot with the slogan, “we got the meats” isn’t very vegan friendly, but hey, sometimes life happens and you find yourself stuck at an Arby’s and you need to make a decision.
Don’t worry, we got you covered.
Here are the vegan options you can grab at Arby’s – may we suggest the curly fries*?
Vegan Options at Arby’s
- French Toast Sticks*
- Potato Cakes*
*Shares a fryer with animal products.
- Chopped Side Salad. Order with NO cheese and choose one of the dressings listed below.
By the time you remove everything, you’d need to remove from the other salads you’re basically left with a side salad.
- Curly Fries*
- Crinkle Fries*
- Homestyle Fries* (Regional Item)
*Shares a fryer with animal products.
- Apple Turnover
- Cherry Turnover
Both Turnovers contain Palm Oil.
- Light Italian Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Arby’s Sauce
- Bronco Berry Sauce
- Spicy Three Pepper Sauce
- Tree Top Applesauce
- Curly Fries
*All fried items share the same fryers. As with any restaurant that is not 100% vegan or does not offer a designated cooking space for their vegan options, cross-contamination can occur and fryers/grills may be shared with animal products. You can choose what your level of comfort is with these potential issues.
Arby’s Vegan FAQ
What’s Vegan at Arby’s
You can see above the only items 100% vegan are the Chopped Side Salad (order with NO cheese), pick one of the two dressings listed and the Tree Top Applesauce.
If you do not mind shared fryers with meat products, then you can also get the Potato Cakes, Curly Fries, Homestyle Fries, French Toast Sticks (breakfast) and both turnovers (dessert).
Are Arby’s curly fries vegan?
The fries themselves at Arby’s are vegan. Like most fast food places, the fries may share a fryer with non-vegan food. So it really just depends on how you feel about cross-contamination.
I kind of know that’s what I’m signing up for when I grab fast food, but we want you to be aware of it in case that is a deal-breaker for you.
Is Arby’s Sauce vegan?
Arby’s Sauce lovers of the country can rejoice in the fact it is vegan! I’m a firm believer that Arby’s Sauce is one of the best fast food signature sauces anywhere and I was really pleased to learn that it’s vegan.
Can I eat WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) at Arby’s?
Two items. You can order the Side Salad with NO cheese and NO dressing or the Tree Top Applesauce.
Want to Make Arby’s At Home?
Check out our vegan version of Arby’s Pecan Chicken Salad
The VeggL App
Download the ultimate on-the-go vegan resource. Quickly access over 300 vegan guides for restaurants, airports and stadiums. Get unlimited access to all our sheets with the free version. Upgrade to Pro to go ad-free!
Never get frustrated by not knowing what you can get to eat ever again!
Ryan’s Pick: I love Arby’s Curly Fries. They are one of my favorite fries, period.
Jen’s Pick: Arby’s Curly Fries are one of my favorite fast-food fries and their turnovers are pretty good as well.
More Links and Info:
- Want to see Arby’s full menu? Head over to the Arby’s Official Menu page.
- Information pulled directly from Arby’s Nutritional and Allergen Info Page
- Not seeing exactly what you wanted? We also have cheat sheet for Burger King and Taco Bell as well as 175 other popular chain restaurants on our Vegan Guides Main Page
- Disclaimer: We do everything possible at VeggL to make sure all our Vegan Guides are as up to date as possible, but sometimes menus and menu items can change. VeggL is not responsible for incorrect or outdated information. Always check with your location and server to confirm items are vegan when ordering. If you notice something that needs to be corrected – please let us know!