It’s now 2023 and Chipotle is debuting NEW lifestyle bowls… are they vegan?
You might be asking why Chipotle is offering predesigned bowls when it’s so easy to just walk in, go thru the line and order.
People like convenience. They want to be healthy but do not want to have to think too much about it. This is where Chipotle’s lifestyle bowls come in.
Their goal is to make eating healthy easy and delicious!
What Lifestyle Bowls are NEW for Chipotle?
–> All animal items listed in the following lifestyle bowls are NOT vegan meat.
- Balanced Macros Bowl: Light White Rice, Black Beans, Chicken, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Guac, Extra Romaine Lettuce
- Wholesome Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, Chicken, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Guac
- Grain Freedom Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, Chicken, Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Sour Cream, Cheese
- High Protein Bowl: White Rice, Black Beans, Double Chicken, Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa, Cheese, Romaine Lettuce
- Veggie Full Bowl: White Rice, Black Beans, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Guac
- Plant-Powered Bowl: Supergreens Lettuce Blend, White Rice, Sofritas, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Guac
- Go Half Veggie Bowl: 1/2 Chicken, 1/2 Sofritas, Supergreens Lettuce Blend, White Rice, Fajita Veggies, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Sour Cream
Which of Chipotle’s Lifestyle Bowls ARE Vegan?
First, I’m going to preface that when choosing to eat at a restaurant that is not 100% vegan, cross-contamination can occur. You choose your level of comfort.
Chipotle DOES label the following bowls vegan though so they are a company that is at least aware of what that means.
And if you read thru the list above, you probably can tell which two are vegan!
Veggie Full Bowl
Chipotle’s Veggie Full Bowl is a rice bowl. It comes with white rice, black beans, fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa and guacamole.
Plant Powered Bowl
The Plant Powered Bowl is more like a salad. It comes with their supergreens lettuce blend, white rice, sofritas, fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, and guacamole.
This bowl is how I order my bowls from Chipotle minus the fajita veggies but I add pinto beans. Ryan’s is like the Veggie Full Bowl but with their hot sauce, tomatillo red-chili salsa.
$0 Delivery fee*
Check to see what the stipulations* are but per Chipotle, they are offering free delivery on all new lifestyle bowls thru January!
What Are Chipotle’s Other Vegan Options?
If you are in line and the new lifestyle bowls do not do it for you, then here’s everything that is vegan.
Take your pick!
You can order a salad (with NO vinaigrette), a burrito, tacos, or a bowl.
The first few ingredients you pick from are:
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Black Bean
- Pinto Beans
- Sofritas (organic braised tofu with peppers and spice)
If you do not choose sofritas, you can add guacamole at no extra charge.
Next are the veggies:
Pick as many as you want!
- Mixed Fajita Veggies
- Fresh Tomato Salsa (Mild)
- Tomatillo Green-Chili Salsa (Medium-Hot)
- Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa (Hot)
- Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa (Medium)
- Guacamole (will be charged extra if you have sofritas in your meal)
If it’s easier…
You can see all of this info in our complete Chipotle Guide as well. It’s one of over 175 vegan guides we have for popular chain restaurants in the US.