When it comes to the vegan options at McDonald’s we can’t really say ‘we’re lovin’ it’. When a Hamburger without the patty is one of the best vegan options you have to choose from, you’re not in a great situation. You should really only be referencing this cheat sheet in case of emergency. Not even the fries, normally a vegan safe haven at fast food joints, at McDonald’s are vegan. McDonald’s has been trying out a vegan burger in the UK, but it’s not made it’s way to the States yet. If you have the option we’d recommend trying to find something else close by, but if you’re stuck in a car in the drive thru lane and you have to pick something fast – here are the vegan options at McDonald’s you can choose from:
Vegan Options at McDonald’s
VeggL Quick Order
- Pico Guacamole Burger. Advise NO beef patty, NO cheese and sub BBQ sauce for buttermilk ranch dressing.
- Hamburger. Advise NO beef patty. Ask for lettuce to be added.
- Side Salad with Vegan Dressing below. Another option would be to ask if you can have a side of guacamole & pico (may charge extra) to top or sweet & sour sauce. You can also use the greens to add substance to a burger option above.
- Breakfast: Fruit & Maple Oatmeal. Advise NO cream.
- Sliced Apples
- Baked Apple Pie
Vegan Dressings & Sauces
- Newman’s Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Newman’s Own Fat Free French
- Sweet & Sour
*The French Fries & Hashbrowns are NOT vegan-friendly! The US does NOT serve the Vegan Burger you may be seeing in other countries.
McDonald’s Vegan FAQ
Are McDonald’s fries vegan?
No! The fries are (at least here in the States) cooked in Beef Fat. Same goes for the hash browns.
Are McDonald’s pancakes vegan?
No. The pancakes at McDonald’s contain both eggs and milk.
Ready to Order? Try one of VeggL’s exclusive offer codes!
Full Transparency: These are affiliate links. If you sign up and order through one of our links we, at no extra cost to you, will earn a small commission. These commissions help support VeggL and allows us to keep bringing you great content! Thanks for your support!
|Code: AFF25||Code: GETFOOD|
|25% OFF first order of $15+||$100 Delivery Credit|
- Back to Cheat Sheets
- If you’d like to see McDonald’s Full Menu, head over to their Official Menu Page
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know