There are plenty of vegan options at Starbucks from bagels to oatmeal and of course, the main event, Coffee Drinks! Also, be on the look out for Oatly which has recently partnered with Starbucks to be offered at roughly 1300 mid-west locations.
Vegan Options at Starbucks
VeggL Quick Order:
NEW Spring 2020 Drinks are the Iced Golden Ginger Drink and the Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink
Hot Drinks (Non-Dairy Milks Available – Soy, Almond or Coconut)
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO whip or cinnamon dolce topping
- Hot Chocolate with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO whip
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Order a Hot Chocolate with non-dairy milk of choice. Add 1 or 2 pumps of Hazelnut Syrup depending on what size you order. Advise NO whip
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Order a Hot Chocolate with non-dairy milk of choice. Substitute 1-2 pumps of caramel syrup for the caramel sauce(contains dairy). Advise NO whip.
- Toffee Coconut Hot Chocolate. Order a Hot Chocolate with coconut milk and 2-3 pumps of toffee nut syrup depending on size of drink.
- Smore’s Hot Chocolate. Order a Hot Chocolate with non-dairy milk of choice. Add 2-4 pumps of marshmallow syrup (depending on size of drink –>tall, grande or venti) and 1 pump of toffee nut syrup. Advise NO whip
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Salted Caramel Mocha with non-dairy milk of choice. Substitute 1-2 pumps of caramel syrup for the caramel sauce. Advise NO whip
- Toffee Nut Latte with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO toffee nut sprinkles or whip.
- Butterbeer Latte. Order a Soy Latte with 1-3 pumps of caramel, toffee nut and cinnamon dolce syrups(depending on size ordered–Tall, Grande or Venti). Ask for extra foam & top with sea salt.
- Hazelnut Mocha Coconut Macchiato
- Blonde Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Latte
- London Fog Tea Latte with non-dairy milk of choice.
- Vanilla Nutmeg London Fog Tea Latte. Order a London Fog Tea Latte with non-dairy milk of choice. Ask for a scoop of vanilla powder & a few shakes of nutmeg. Top with steamed non-dairy milk & foam.
- Coconut Coffee Cake Latte. Order a Coconut Latte with 1-3 pumps of caramel, toffee nut and cinnamon dolce syrups(depending on size ordered–Tall, Grande or Venti).
- Samoa Cookie Latte. Order a Coconut Mocha Latte. Add 1-3 pumps of caramel syrup depending on size(tall, grande or venti).
Iced Drinks. Non-Dairy Milks Available – Soy, Almond or Coconut:
- Ombre Iced Coffee with non-dairy milk of choice
- Hazelnut Apple Tart Frappuccino. Order a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. Ask for 1 less scoop of vanilla bean powder. Sub with 1-2 pumps of hazelnut syrup(depending on size of drink). Add apple juice & a few shakes of nutmeg.
- Samoa Cookie Frappuccino. Order a Coconut Mocha Frappuccino. Add 1-3 pumps of caramel syrup depending on size ordered(tall, grande or venti). Advise NO whip.
- Iced Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Latte
- Iced Salted Caramel Mocha with non-dairy milk of choice. Substitute 1-2 pumps of caramel syrup for caramel sauce(contains dairy). Advise NO whip.
- Caramel Cocoa Cluster Frappuccino with non-dairy milk of choice. Substitute 1-2 pumps of caramel syrup for caramel sauce(contains dairy). Advise NO whip.
- Java Chip Frappuccino with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO java chips
- Dunkaroos Frappuccino. Order a Vanilla Bean Frap with non-dairy milk of choice. Add 2-4 pumps of dolce syrup and 1-3 pumps of vanilla syrup –> depending on size of drink(tall, grande or venti)
- Green Tea Latte with non-dairy milk of choice
- Matcha Lemonade
- Matcha Frappuccino with non-dairy milk of choice. Advise NO whip
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte with non-dairy milk of choice
- Vegan Nutella Frappuccino. Ask for a mocha frap with soy milk, hazelnut syrup & no whip
- Smores Frappuccino. Ask for a vanilla bean frap with soy milk, marshmallow syrup, mocha sauce(NOT syrup) & no whip. *the mocha sauce is very sweet so ask for less if you would like*
- Vegan Dragon Drink (mango dragonfruit refresher with freeze-dried dragonfruit pieces with coconut milk)
- Pink Drink (strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk & a scoop of strawberries or blackberries)
- Violet Drink (very berry hibiscus refresher with coconut milk & a scoop of blackberries)
- Matcha Pink Drink. 3 parts Pink Drink. 1 part matcha with coconut milk on the rocks
- Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink
- Iced Golden Ginger Drink
Lower Calorie Drinks (Size/Grande):
- Coffee with non-dairy milk. Add sugar-free syrup of choice (sugar-free vanilla or cinnamon dolce)
- Green Tea Crème Frappuccino. Advise NO classic sweetener. Ask for 2 scoops matcha powder(instead of the normal 3 for lower calories/sugar) with coconut milk, 2 pumps sugar free vanilla & NO whip.
- Vegan Frozen Hot Chocolate Frappuccino. Ask for a Frappuccino with soy milk, 2 pumps mocha, 1 pump hazelnut, 2 pumps sugar-free vanilla & NO whip. *Also tastes a bit like Nutella*
- Hot or Iced Cozy Crème Brulee Latte. Ask for a latte with soy milk, 1 pump toffee nut syrup & 1 pump caramel. Shake a little cinnamon powder on top.
- Guilt-Free Creamy Pink Drink(no caffeine): Ask for a Passion Iced Tea with NO classic sweetener, 2 pumps sugar-free syrup & a splash of coconut milk. Or to mix it up, ask for a splash of lemonade in place of coconut milk.
- Iced Salted Caramel Mocha. Advise soy milk, 1 pump toffee nut syrup, 2 pumps sugar-free vanilla, 1 pump skinny mocha & NO whip
See below for Starbucks Sweetener Facts
While the vegan options for food at Starbucks are not as expansive as the drinks, there is enough to grab a quick bite for breakfast or lunch. Please note: we were excited to learn that Starbucks would be offering a Beyond Breakfast Sandwich. Unfortunately, we learned the sandwich comes with cheese and egg and that these are premade which means that if you were to ask for those to be taken off, the cheese and egg was already touching the English Muffin and Beyond Sausage. Starbucks Fail!
- Plain, Sprouted grain and multigrain vegan bagel. Look for packaged Organic Avocado Spread, Justin’s Hazelnut Butter or Classic Almond Butter & spread on.
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl with Brown Rice
- Hearty Blueberry or Classic Oatmeal (not labelled vegan but no animal derived ingredients) Order with steamed soy, almond or coconut milk OR hot water in place of dairy milk)
- Fruit Salad
- Fruit Bars
- Dried Fruit
- Mixed Nuts
- Vegan Superberry Acai Mercato Bowl
- Sea Salt Potato Chips
- Dang Sticky Rice Chips
- Hippeas organic chickpea puffs
- Emmy’s Organic Coconut Cookies (Coconut Vanilla & Dark Cacao)
- Bissinger’s 75% Dark Chocolate
- Cauliflower tabbouleh (Mercato range) – available in Chicago and Seattle
- Organic Avocado Spread
- Justin’s Hazelnut Butter or Classic Almond Butter
Basic Drink Info:
- Hot or Iced Coffee with soy, almond or coconut milk and any flavored sweetener syrup (inc. Vanilla, Caramel, and Hazelnut and mocha sauce)
- Best to advise the staff to leave out: Whipped Cream, Java Chips (inside the java chip frappuccino and double chocolatey chip frappuccino), Protein Powder (in the smoothies), Caramel Drizzle/Sauce (on the caramel macchiato and caramel frappuccino).
Starbucks Sweetener Info:
- Generally, drinks with sugar are made with what they call a “classic sweetener.” Their classic sweetener is equivalent to a simple syrup which means more calories if you are concerned with this. An alternative is to ask for a sugar-free flavored syrup.
- All Tea Drinks are made with liquid cane sugar instead of the “classic sweetener.”
Starbucks Vegan FAQ
What pastries are vegan at Starbucks?
None of the pastries that we are aware of at Starbucks are vegan.
Are Starbucks bagels vegan?
Yes! The plain, multigrain and sprouted grain bagels are all vegan.
Is Starbucks Matcha powder vegan?
Is it certified vegan, no, but… The Matcha powder is a combination of sugar and Japanese Green Tea. So while it may be not be certified vegan it does not appear that the powder involves any animal products.
Ready to Order?
We have partnered with meal delivery services, Grubhub and Postmates, and have special deals for each service. Get your next meal delivered right to your home or office and save some money VeggL’s discount codes.
Ryan’s Picks: I’m pretty boring when it comes to my Starbucks order. Just regular drip coffee with Almond Milk. Also, if I’m being honest, it seems like every time I end up ‘getting creative’ I end up with an $8 coffee.
Jen’s Picks: Iced Latte with Soy Milk and 1 pump of vanilla sweetener
- For a look at Starbucks complete menu head over to Starbucks’ official site
- If the vegan options at Starbucks isn’t exactly what you were looking for, VeggL has Cheat Sheets for over 80 popular chain restaurants including Dunkin’ Donuts and Panera Bread
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know
LAST UPDATED 6.7.2020