The vegan options at KFC aren’t anything to get too excited about, at least not yet. We were actually lucky enough to be a part of KFC’s testing of Beyond Chicken. It happened at the KFC in Marietta, Georgia, just 10 minutes from our house. LiveKindly even featured our Instagram pic for their story on the trial. Beyond Chicken hasn’t found it’s way onto the KFC menu yet, but if the line of people and cars that wrapped around the parking lot were any indicator, the demand is definitely there.
In the meantime, if you’re trying to order vegan at a KFC you’ll be limited to mostly sides and a simple salad. Here’s everything currently vegan at KFC:
Vegan Options at KFC
- BBQ Baked Beans
- Corn on the Cob
- Green Beans
- Potato Wedges
- Secret Recipe Fries
- Sweet Kernel Corn
- House Side Salad – Order with NO Croutons
- Apple Turnover
Dipping Sauces and Condiments
- Grape Jelly Packet
- Lemon Juice Packet
- Strawberry Jam Packet
- Summertime BBQ Dipping Sauce Cup
- Sweet N Tangy Dipping Sauce Cup
Kids Meal Applesauce
- Musselman’s Applesauce
Vegan KFC FAQ
Is the Beyond Fried Chicken at KFC vegan?
If you read the FAQ’s on KFC’s website about their Beyond Fried Chicken it notes that the Beyond Chicken is not vegan because it shares a fryer. When we spoke with KFC at the trial they told us they were using separate fryers for that day. Hopefully if the demand is high enough, not only for the Beyond Fried Chicken, but a FULLY VEGAN option, we can help make those changes.
Ready to Order? Try one of VeggL’s exclusive offer codes!
Full Transparency: These are affiliate links. If you sign up and order through one of our links we, at no extra cost to you, will earn a small commission. These commissions help support VeggL and allows us to keep bringing you great content! Thanks for your support!
|Code: AFF25||Code: GETFOOD|
|25% OFF first order of $15+||$100 Delivery Credit|
Ryan’s Pick: We went for the Beyond Chicken event in Marietta, GA. Had the Beyond Boneless Wings and Potato Wedges. The Wings themselves were good, but not something to get overly excited for. The idea of KFC offering a vegan option like that is still pretty awesome though.
Jen’s Pick: I agree with Ryan. Excited that KFC is potentially going to offer Beyond Chicken. If they do, I may grab some out of convenience occasionally, but probably not something I’d go out of my way to go get.
- If you’d like to check out KFC’s full menu, head over to KFC’s Official Website
- Information taken from KFC’s Allergies and Sensitivities page
- For more info on KFC’s Beyond Fried Chicken
- Not quite what you’re looking for? We have Vegan Cheat Sheets for over 60 popular chain restaurants
- We are working tirelessly to make sure all the information contained in VeggL is accurate and up to date. However, sometimes options change. If you notice a change at a restaurant that we need to know about, let us know